Monday, February 22, 2010

Good times all around!

It has been far too long since I have written last, no excuses I just didn’t feel like writing and if I don’t feel like it then I always run into a blank wall or page. As I sit here tonight watching the snow fall outside I am sitting in discomfort as I am really and truly done my pregnancy now if only the babe would feel the same way and make the grand appearance that would be terrific. I am content even with the pain and discomfort I am watching as my son and daughter play together on the floor, my daughter is sharing her little people a big step for her and as her brother interacts with her and shows her how to work the new castle catapult that grams and gramps bought them on the weekend she is watching him very intently and he is happy that she is paying attention to what he is showing her and not trying to take over, there are smiles and laughter and I haven’t had to intervene on anyone’s behalf in almost a half an hour. The last little while things have been going well Gray’s therapy sessions seem to be finally showing some results after months and months of therapy I feel that we are making progress and that all of our efforts have not been in vain. The last week and a half he has been talking and not just the odd word but he now pretty much repeats everything that I say I know that this is probably just echolalia (an autistic trait that literally means to repeat what has been heard) but I am still excited to have my little mima bird around it means so much to just be able to hear his soft spoken voice and to realize that he truly does listen to everything mommy says. Even the very obvious increase in his hand flapping and repetitive behaviors and the fact that he has once again started to line everything up can’t take away from the joys of having a happy and content little man in the house his quirky little traits are what makes him so special they are a part of him. My daughter has been sleeping through the night and has even started to sleep in a little in the mornings allowing me to get a little extra rest that I oh so desperately need and this weekend the kids went away to grams and gramps allowing me to have some much needed me time and a terrific night of girly talk and laughter. My husband will be home in a few days and I smile every time I mark a day off on the calendar. Yes life has definitely been good the last little while and now I am laughing as my daughter tries to put her brothers very short hair up into a hair elastic I wonder how long he’ll tolerate that and it’s a good thing daddy’s not home he might not like seeing his son in pig tails.
“Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily life is but a dream”

No comments:

Post a Comment