Thursday, February 11, 2010

Go with the Flow

Today is one of those day’s that has taught me to go with the flow, something that I was fairly good at doing before but since my son’s diagnosis I have come to almost perfect the fine art. In our house things can change in the blink of an eye and I have learned to love and appreciate all of the moments that make me smile while trying to take the rest with a shrug of the shoulders. Today I was up with my daughter for almost an hour before my son got up Gracie loves this mommy time and usually spends most of it cuddled up beside me on the couch. Then I heard Gray get up he went to the top of the stairs and waited for me to come and tell him that it was ok to come down, not that I don’t let him come down without asking this is just a routine that he has developed on his own, another one of his routines that he likes to follow. So down he comes and I can tell right away that he’s a little off not upset but not quite himself, so Curious George to the rescue thanks to DVD’s we can watch George any time of the day. Breakfast was a no go, wouldn’t touch it then he played with his trains and I managed to get him to have his snack, yeah, and then back to the trains. He stayed there until lunch, we all sat down for lunch and Gray mostly ate ketchup, oh well not the end of the world. After lunch I blinked and things took a major turn, Gray and Gracie were playing peek a boo under the blanket on the couch laughing and smiling not a care in the world, Gracie goes down for her nap and then it’s just Gray and I and when I come back down from putting Gracie to bed Gray has created this wonderful fortress on the couch surrounded by a wall of pillows there he is sitting in the middle with a huge smile on his face and obviously very proud of his accomplishment we played for a little while as he hopped about the pillows would fall and he’d stack them back up again. Then he started to run around the living room floor the same pattern every loop he makes, he’s been patterning now for forty minutes the same thing over and over, oh well for that period of time after lunch I caught a glimpse of the imagination and creativity that I know my son has and after all things around here can change in the blink of an eye.
"Don't blink or you'll miss it"

No comments:

Post a Comment